Arojah Concepts in collaboration with the Korean Cultural, is set to join the rest of the world in commemorating this year’s World Poetry Day with the annual Korea-Nigeria Poetry Feast, organised in commemoration of the World Poetry Day 2013.
This year’s edition, the 3rd in the series will focus on the celebration of the women folk, in honour of Korea’s first eve female President-elect, Senator Park Geun-hye (to be sworn in on February 25th) and other women in leadership across the world, especially in Asia and Africa.
We thereby invite interested POETS to submit enteries for the Volume II Cross-cultural anthology, in accordance with the following guidelines:
– Each poet may submit between 1 – 5 poems each
– All poems must focus on appraisal of the ‘Women Folk’ – Mothers, Wives, Daughters, Sisters, Daughters, Women in Politics, Women in Leadership and most importantly an appraisal of some of the legendary women of yesterday and today who have lived a life worthy of commendation, emulation and immortality.
– All poems must be in English or local languages accompanied with Englsigh translation.
– Enteries can be in any poetic form of the poet’s choice.
– Enteries should be submitted as a single word document file attached to a mail
– All entries must be accompanied with a short bio (100 words Max)
– The subject box should be marked: KOREA-NIGERIA POETRY ANTHOLOGY
– All enteries must be received on or before 28th February 2013
– All enteries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Contributors will receive one copy each one (1) complimentary copy each of the anthology but can purchase additional copies @ 25% discount.
From the enteries received, ten (10) poets will be selected to receive the Korean Ambassador’s commemorative plaque, certificate, a toking cash and other branded materials at a brief ceremony commemorating the World Poetry Day 2013 in Abuja on March 21st.
From Here To There, a cross cultural anthology edited by Jerry Adesewo and Denja Abdullahi (from the 2011 & 2012 editions of the Korea-Nigeria Poetry Feast) will be up for presentation during the 2013.
0803 453 0786