Ladies & Gentlemen,
The Abuja Literary Society urgently requires the services of an Administrative Assistant on Part-Time basis. Should you wish to volunteer or have someone you can recommend, do send the CV to;
It’s an excellent learning opportunity for young graduates awaiting NYSC posting, Youth Corps members, Students on Industrial Attachment and anyone who wishes to volunteer for a worthy cause. A monthly stipend of between N10-20k is offered.
SCHEDULE OF DUTIES (PART TIME)
1. Schedule and coordinate weekly readings:
a. Liaise with/remind venues before scheduled meetings.
b. Be at the venue(s) at least 45 minutes before scheduled reading to arrange hall and prepare sign -in/registration records/reading list Display books, etc.
c. Liaise with designated anchor person latest 24 hours before reading date and remind him/her on reading day.
d. Answer questions directed to ALS secretariat.
2. Send bulk email (and bulk SMS, when available) reminders; emails to be sent 72 hours prior and SMS on reading day:
a. Update weekly the email list by adding newcomers and correcting/deleting incorrect email addresses.
b. Update weekly the SMS database ; and monthly the website.
c. Respond (or forward to QM/SM) emai l inquiries.
d. Communicate with scheduled Guest Authors for their profiles/bio/portrait photos, etc.
3. Write at least one 800-word newspaper article about the week’s reading
a. Forward the draft article to QM /SM for editing; the QM/SM will be responsible for dispatching article to the mass media.
b. Article must reach QM/SM latest Tuesday (7p.m.) each week to meet the deadline for Sunday papers.
4. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
We anticipate that these duties may take you the following hours:
• Friday readings: 6-10 p.m.
• Write your article over the weekend – 2 or 3 hours.
• Wednesday: send out reminder emails to (1) members, (2) Guest Writers, (3) Anchor. – 1hour.
• Wednesday: update email addresses and phone numbers in database (again, you can liaise with my Secretary, if you need her services) – 2hours.
• Friday morning: send out bulk SMS (if funds are available) – this will NOT be weekly and will eventually be phased out as email correspondence becomes more effective – 1hour.
Total Hours: 10-14 Hours per week.
You will receive a stipend of N10, 000/ month plus payment for expenses.